29 Mar 2016 Leave a comment
in blogging my mind Tags: article, Being Me, country, culture, difference, discover, discussion, english, hindi, Independence, india, indian, Language, love, nation, Original, patriotism, respect, truth, unity, views
Warning: This post consist of writer’s personal thoughts, who is just wishing to share and know your opinion. No sentence intends to hurt anyone with any language(especially to English speakers).
I live in a country called India, which has 22 official languages and according to Census of India, the total number of mother tongues spoken here is 1652 and that’s the reason why we don’t have a national language. I know this must have came like “What!” even to many Indians too. But it’s true, Hindi is Rajya Bhasha not Rashtriya Bhasha! This wide difference is the beauty. A nation, comprises of 29 states and 7 union territories have their respective languages and their people are proud of it BUT somehow the language English has outshone others. Today people measure other’s level of intelligence with the number of english words they use in a sentence. The more number of English words used, the more educated he is! English language was chosen by our constitution as associate official language to avoid confusion among people who have different languages as majority of them, irrelevant of their birthplace & mother tongue, could understand English. After all they ruled on us for 200 years and that was uniform throughout! So that, they can converse properly but this language should not be imposed on anyone. I am not denying the importance of English in our country but if two people are comfortable in their own tongues then why this extra pressure of “have to speak two English words”. Why this show off? Why can’t we feel proud on our own language? Why can’t we be confident about our mother tounge? Why the shame to speak our tongue in front of four people? Every Indian should ponder over these questions.
ps: going extreme with your language is also no option. I mean, killing others because they don’t speak your language is so dumb act. If all have to admit that except English, kaam nahi banne wala hai, but apni bhasha ko thodi izzat to deni chahiye na. This is our responsibility to stop our cultures and languages from extinction. These are our roots, our treasure that we have inherited from previous generations, we should protect it!
27 Mar 2016 5 Comments
in List of 5!, Teen Tags: acceptable, acceptance, all girl, article, fun, girl, girl problems, girl talks, Girlish, girlish stuff, instagrammer, List of 5, me, problem, teenage, truth, Understanding, women, womenhood, Young
I am a girl and I am super proud of that fact, but there are few reasons about us that derives me nuts! Like-
- We give ourselves too much of importance! We think that the world is just busy noticing our dress (that if we have worn it before or not), our shoes ( if it’s going with the dress or not), or our make-up. Honestly girl, no one gives a damn about all these things until you are natural. Don’t be an “it girl” by wardrobe, be by your good behaviour! B)
- We don’t want to be “Ourselves”! I don’t know if majority of girls will admit it or not but the fact is that girls always want to be like someone else and this someone can be anyone. It can be your classmate who gets a lot of attention or your pretty cousin or an actress. If she is slim, you want that shape, if she has good hair, you spent on hair treatments to get that and the list goes on. Girls you need to understand that you are born goddess and goddess are pretty in every shape, size and colour. If someone do rejects you for this reason then remember that there is someone who will love the natural you. So say tata to jerks and wait for right people.
- We are filter lovers! I, personally know many girls who are just not ready to accept their real pictures. I mean, when you will look at their instagram profile you will hardly find a picture filter free. Some pictures are so much edited that you can’t even spot a nose on the face and that really makes girl look like they have come from Venus! I am not completely against filters, in fact I use them too, but using it to make yourself look someone else is wrong. Accept yourself! Love your imperfections! ❤
- Frame of girl! Come on, we all know that there is a stupid frame which asks girls to behave in a certain way. But if you are not of that kind then don’t be ashamed for that. In fact, it’s good if you break that frame for future generations. It’s okay if you feel more comfortable in shirts and can’t be tip-top all the time. Just don’t change or try to fit yourself into that frame for the sake of few people how only show up to criticise you.
- Accept every fact about yourself! You are a girl, you wear a bra, you bleed once in a month, you give birth to a life. You don’t have to feel shy about admitting these stuffs. It’s how it is so just accept it. Stop creating a fuss or hiding it! You are special and remember this!😀